Working with little or no supervision the manager is responsible for planning, organizing, implementation, and administration of a program for children 5 - 12 years of age. This includes following all established rules, procedures, and safety requirements.
1. Plans and organizes a basic schedule of activities and themes the program including recommendations for change to the APRD.
2. Submits equipment request for purchase, schedules, and training requirements.
3. Assists with interviews and recommends for hiring all activity leaders.
4. Schedules & leads in-service training to provide leaders with the information they need to do their jobs.
5. Oversees the day-to-day program, including interaction with parents.
6. Conducts weekly staff meetings throughout the program.
7. Submits payroll for program to the Recreation Coordinator.
8. Submits all required paperwork including a detailed program report at the conclusion of the program.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: A level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of college course work with an emphasis in Recreation, Elementary Education, Physical Education or closely related field (Softball)
Experience: Six months to one year of previous leadership experience working with children
Interpersonal Skills: The job requires the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with participants, parents and staff.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work outside in sometimes hot/humid or cold and rainy conditions.
Job Requirements: Requires the ability to solve non-routine and non-reoccurring problems. Must be able to follow established rules and procedures.
This is a part-time, non-union position. City of Bettendorf is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.