Work with children in an sports related setting. Under the guidance of the Program Managers, Activity Leaders will be directly responsible for their assigned group of kids and assist with whole group activities. They will assist in planning and implementing of daily activities for children 5 - 12 years of age.
1. Helps plan and plays an active part in the daily schedule of activities and themes .
2. Guides individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
3. Follows all established rules, procedures, health and safety requirements.
4. Maintains a positive attitude while serving as a good role model to campers in personal
language, appearance, punctuality, health habits, sharing in clean-up, and sportsmanship.
5. Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
6. Maintains good public relations with participants parents, and rapport with other staff.
7. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Education: College, High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age preferred.
Experience: Some experience working with children is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to accept supervision and guidance. Ability to relate to one's peer group. Needs to be enthusiastic, have a sense of humor, patience, and self-control. Also important are good character, integrity, and adaptability. The desire to affect the life of each child in a positive and rewarding way. Requires the analytical ability carry out activities suitable for the age groups. Must be able to follow established rules and procedures.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work outside in sometimes hot/humid or cold and rainy conditions.
Job Requirements: Desire and ability to work with children outdoors. Ability to assist in teaching an activity. Current Red Cross CPR and First Aid Card (training will be offered).
This is a part-time, non-union position. City of Bettendorf is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.