It is the function of the Park Ambassador and Volunteer Projects Coordinator to direct the summer Park Ambassador Program, coordinate volunteers and projects, and to serve as liaison to the Parks Division Manager and Director of Parks and Recreation.
1. Recruit, train, and orientate volunteers and park ambassadors.
2. Develop the park ambassador season and schedule weekly patrol assignments.
3. Interacts with the public using the various areas of the park, answering questions and concerns.
4. Communicate on a regular basis with the Parks and Recreation Director, Recreation Manager, Parks Division Manager, Pool Manager, and Police about issues or concerns.
5. Investigate potential improvement projects on City property and coordinate volunteers, supplies, and equipment to accomplish tasks; and coordinate those tasks with respective City staff.
6. Prepares all necessary reports and submits them to the office in a timely manner.
7. Review week’s scheduled activities in parks and facilities and integrates indicated changes and updates into schedules.
8. Reports any equipment or facility damaged, broken, or defaced.
Education: Level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of at least one year of college course work in the field of law enforcement, recreation, or a closely related field. Current CPR and first aid certification is required or be able to be attained prior to employment.
Experience: Previous seasonal work experience in a responsible position requiring interaction with the public in a variety of situations.
Interpersonal Skills: Job requires the ability to communicate effectively with the public under varying circumstances.
Analytical Ability: Job requires the ability to enforce and interpret all posted rules and understand common sense practices. Routine and recurring problem solving skills are required. Individual must be able to work independently.
Working Conditions: Job requires the ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.