Under the direct supervision of Pool Manager and/or the Learn-to-Swim Program Manager, this individual is responsible for instructing the participants in the Red Cross Learn to Swim Program.
1. Instructs and supervises swimmer participating in the Learn-to-Swim program, regulating swimming efforts. Evaluates swimming skills. Performs and completes appropriate paperwork for sufficient record keeping.
2. Ensures the Splash Landing rules, regulations, and policies are enforced.
3. Administer First Aid and seek medical care for seriously injured participants.
4. Required participation in various in-service training programs, activate EMS procedures, water rescues, First Aid, and CPR skills.
5. Work all assigned hours, including weekday mornings, early evenings, and Saturday mornings. Three sessions of lessons are offered throughout the summer.
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires the ability to interpret and enforce all pool rules and policies. Individual must be able to work with a diverse population and a variety of ages of students. Individual must be comfortable interacting and working with swimmers while teaching swimming lessons.
Working Conditions: This job requires some occasional heavy lifting and moving of equipment and supplies. This individual must be able to work in the extreme heat and sun on a regular basis.
Job Requirements: (W.S.I.)-Water Safety Instruction, Lifeguard/Standard First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Experience teaching in the American Red Cross Program is preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.