Under general supervision, assists the Lead Sign Technician in all sign shop duties.
1. Assists Lead Sign Technician in painting crosswalks, lanes, medians, school crossings and directional arrows on City streets.
2. Assists Lead Sign Technician to install new and replaces existing traffic control and street signs at designated locations.
3. Assists with the maintenance of existing signs which includes straightening posts, weed cutting around signs, and trimming trees or brush away from signs as required.
4. Assists with placement of barricades and traffic control signs for City events.
5. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education: Requires a level of knowledge normally acquired through the successful completion of high school or a GED equivalency.
Experience: The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license.
Analytical Abilities: Requires the ability to operate equipment and tools in such a manner as to prevent injury to self, co-workers, property and equipment.
Interpersonal Skills: Requires excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with co-workers, other City employees. Must be an effective team player and requires the ability to work independently.
Working Conditions: Requires extensive standing, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, and lifting of sign posts, barricades or other components ranging in weight up to 100 pounds. Performs majority of work assignments outdoors where weather conditions range from mild to severe.
This is a seasonal position. Applications will be accepted until filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.