Individual should have a knowledge of the game of soccer, previous work with a youth activity, and be able to recruit and train a large number of volunteers. Individual must be self-starter, dependable, and able to work successfully with the public and staff.
1. Coordinates with staff the registration information, distribution, and ordering of shirts and equipment.
2. Recruits and trains volunteer coaches, league coordinators, and field coordinator.
3. Organize teams and assigns coaches.
4. Recruits qualified referees and schedules games.
5. Monitors and evaluates season games.
6. Monitors contact with coaches and parents and helps resolve conflicts.
7. Conducts a post season evaluation of the program and submits a detailed report to the recreation manager at the conclusion of the season.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: This job requires a level of education and competence normally acquired through completion at least three years of college education with an emphasis in recreation physical education, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in coordinating a youth program and substantial involvement and knowledge of soccer.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Position requires effective communication skills. Must be perceptive and persuasive in dealing with public, training staff, etc.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY: Non-routine and non-recurring analysis is required.
This is a part-time (less than 19 hours per week), non-union position. City of Bettendorf is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.