Under the supervision of the management staff, responsible for safe guarding the patrons from injury or drowning.
1. Attend and participate in all in-service and training meetings.
2. Know and understand all pool rules and regulations.
3. Be willing to work evenings and weekends.
4. Be alert on duty to all potential dangerous situations.
5. Complete all necessary paperwork in a concise, timely manner.
Education: Job requires a skill level of competence normally attained through completion of the Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program. Current LGT Certification, CPR and First Aid required or be able to be obtained prior to opening of the pool.
Experience: No previous experience is required.
Interpersonal Skills: Position requires the ability to take direction and work effectively with the public and staff.
Analytical Ability: Job requires the ability to enforce rules and regulations. Little or no problem solving skills are required.
Working Conditions: Position requires working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.