Responsible for assigned administration duties, including lifeguard training; enforcement of rules and regulations, and other management duties.
1. Assists in preparing preparation of pool.
2. Assist in conducting all in-service training and prepare review of safety drills.
3. Assume management duties when required.
4. Work one-on-one with new guards to ensure they are properly trained and knowledgeable in all rules and regulations.
5. Work all assigned headguard hours, including weekends and evenings.
6. Assist in closing and winterization of pool at the end of pool season.
Education: A level of knowledge and competence usually acquired through high school education. Current lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certification is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year responsible aquatic work in either a public or private setting.
Interpersonal Skills: Job requires the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff.
Analytical Ability: Job requires the ability to interpret and enforce all rules and regulations. Must be able to solve routine and non-recurring problems.
Working Conditions: Job requires the ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Applications will be accepted until filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.