Under the direct supervision of Pool Manager, this individual is primarily responsible for collecting daily admissions. Under general supervision, provides clerical support to Park and Recreation staff and to Finance staff, and maintains regular contact with general public.
1. Individual must be able to use a cash register accurately and maintain all appropriate paperwork.
2. Must be able to answer phone calls, make reservations for pool rentals, order birthday party supplies, and interact with the public.
3. Must be able to work all scheduled hours, including during Learn-to-Swim weeks, early afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
4. Attend regular full-time staff meetings and in-services.
5. Handle monies and keep accurate accounts for daily deposits.
6. Complete accurate and appropriate paperwork.
7. Make calls as needed for orders and supplies.
8. Must be organized and have good customer relations and service skills.
9. Perform all additional assigned responsibilities.
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires the ability to interpret and enforce all pool rules and policies. Individual must be able to work with a diverse population and a variety of ages of students. Individual must be comfortable interacting and working with swimmers while teaching swimming lessons.
Working Conditions: This job requires some occasional heavy lifting and moving of equipment and supplies. This individual must be able to work in the extreme heat and sun on a regular basis.
Job Requirements: Individual must have proper certification for CPR and know First Aid.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.