Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor, responsible for the instruction of participants in the designated Red Cross Learn to Swim Program.
1. Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor, plan, organize, and instruct specific Learn to Swim Classes following the Red Cross Standards.
2. Attend all planning and training meetings to ensure lesson goals are achieved.
3. Interact with youngsters and parents, answering questions and concern as needed in a positive manner.
4. Completes all required Red Cross paperwork promptly and turn it into the Aquatics Supervisor.
5. Administer First Aid and complete accurate reports promptly.
6. Assist in keeping the facility and equipment clean and tidy.
Education: A level of knowledge and competency normally acquired through completion of high school. CPR, First Aid, and WSI Certification is required.
Experience: One to three months aquatics teaching experience is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Job requires the ability to communicate effectively.
Analytical Ability: Job requires the ability to follow and interpret established Red Cross Standards and agency rules. Routine and recurring problem solving skills are required.
Working Conditions: Requires the ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.