Under the direction of the Recreation-Aquatic Program Coordinator and the Pool Manager, the Head of Pool Maintenance is responsible for the mechanical operation and the general cleaning of the pool and support areas.
1. Assist in the opening and closing procedures of both pools.
2. Conduct tests required for the water and submits to the pool manager.
3. Performs back washing, chlorinating of water, and associated daily tasks and keeps appropriate paperwork.
4. Inspects systems and support areas, reports and corrects any problems immediately to management.
5. Completes daily assigned cleaning tasks of pool area.
6. Inventories pool chemicals and supplies, ordering as necessary.
7. Inspects equipment, pool ladders, roper slides, and other water amenities, and reports and corrects any deficiencies.
Education: This job requires a level of skill and competence normally attained through completion of High School. Certified Pool Operation certification is desirable.
Experience: A basic knowledge of pool filtration systems and chemicals is required. Three to Six months work experience at a pool facility is required.
Interpersonal Skills: This job requires the ability to work with the staff and follow directions.
Analytical Ability: The ability to interpret all established Health Department regulations and knowledge of maintenance procedures and equipment is required. Candidate must be able to solve routine and non-recurring problems.
Working Conditions: This job occasionally requires heavy lifting and working in a variety of weather conditions, exposure to chemicals, and working early and late hours (before and after the pool operation hours).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.