The golf maintenance landscaper will operate lawn maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers, and blowers. The landscaper will ensure the growth and vibrancy of our plants, flowers, lawn, and decorative shrubs. The landscaper will water, fertilize, and prune to remove damaged or dying plant life. The candidate can expect to work outdoors in a mix of weather conditions.
1) Operate push or riding lawnmowers; may operate heavier tractor equipment if needed
2) Water all plants and lawn, and ensure all plants are evenly covered
3) Spread fertilizer, plant food, mulch, and other materials around plants
4) Remove weeds and dead plants; prune overgrown limbs and leaves
5) Operate string trimmer and edger to remove overgrowth and keep outdoor area tidy
6) Treat lawn and landscaping with pesticides to remove harmful insects or disease
7) Maintain the existing landscaping design and ensure plant survival
8) Plant new flowers, bushes, plants, and decorative shrubs
9) Rake fallen leaves and remove debris
10) Remove tree limbs, overgrowth, and other hazards
Experience: Minimum two years experience in gardening and/or landscaping and/or grounds keeping.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees.
Job Requirements: Individual must have a valid driver’s license, job requires working outside in some undesirable conditions. Requires the ability to lift 20 pounds or more, use heavy hand tools, i.e. shoveling, etc. Able to work some weekends and holidays.
This is a seasonal, part-time position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with American with Disabilities Act.